[FFmpeg-user] Looping input audio and video with ffmpeg

Nabajit Deka nabajit8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:52:35 EET 2017

Hi All,

I have been trying to run the ffmpeg application in a loop continuosly.
This is needed for a continuos playout. I am able to do it when I provide
only a yuv file as an input.The command is as follows,

ffmpeg -stream_loop -1  -vcodec rawvideo  -pix_fmt yuv420p  -s 1280x720 -r
60000/1000  -i /media/test.yuv -f decklink  'DeckLink Duo (2)'

However when I try to provide an audio file along with the video file, it
is not able to loop over the input files. It runs for only one iteration
and exits. The command is as follows,

ffmpeg -stream_loop -1  -vcodec rawvideo  -pix_fmt yuv420p  -s 1280x720 -r
60000/1000  -i /media/test.yuv  -f s16le -ar 48k -ac 2  -i /media/test.pcm
-f decklink  'DeckLink Duo (2)'

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run ffmpeg in a loop with audio and
video files being given separately ? If yes, what is it that I am doing
wrong?

Warm Regards,

Nabajit