[FFmpeg-user] does anyone have a working ffplay ffmpeg with SDL_mixer and SDL2 ?

jeroen clarysse jeroen.clarysse at telenet.be
Tue Jan 31 14:55:23 EET 2017

hello everyone

I am trying to get my ffmpeg/SDL2 code running with SDL mixer since I need more audio than only the ffmpeg streams. I manager to update the ffplay.c file to make it work in my own application, but since my app uses Mix_OpenAudio(), the subsequent calls to SDL_OpenAudio() don’t work : they give an error “device already open”. Even replacing the SDL_OpenAudio with SDL_OpenAudioDevice() doesn’t help. The device does open in that case, but no audio is played.

I have found this code :

	http://sdl.5483.n7.nabble.com/SDL-mixer-question-td483.html#a486

but that is rather high-level and I was hoping someone might have a patched version of ffplay.c which uses SDL_mixer ?

many many many thanks in advance !

jeroen