[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg: chroma pixels are wrong when using cuvid to decode h264 stream to yuv file

ekin yang skyinger2003 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:41:36 EEST 2017

Dear expert,

          Currently I am trying to use ffmpeg and Nvidia GPU card to decoding h264 stream to yuv file.  There are no errors during the decoding process. But I find the yuv file I got is not exactly correct. It seems the luma pixels are correct but chroma pixels are wrong.

         GPU: Nvidia telsa m40

         driver: 375.26

         cuda toolkit:8.0

         ffmpeg version: 3.3.2

         Decoding command line : ./ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -i inputfile.264 output.yuv

[cid:c4bbc81f-3431-4c37-ba55-4d90cc266239]

         Can anybody help out this problem? I am so much appreciated.

         best wishes

ekin