[FFmpeg-user] Converting mkv to mp3 failures

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 00:19:13 EEST 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 21:34:13 +0100, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> On a side note,  you seem to be getting a very verbose console display
> which might be confusing matters. I think some keyboard shortcut causes
> this to happen - it's happened to me by accident a few times.

Yes, the very first ffmpeg output shows:

> Parse error, at least 3 arguments were expected, only 1 given in string 'omplete_Discography/THE SMITHS · Meat Is Murder · FULL ALBUM HQ AUDIO-Dod4KC9_X4Q.webm'

Without seeing the script which is doing this, I suspect something is
'piping' these strings into ffmpeg, which is trying to interpret them
as debug commands.

You (JD) can disable that ffmpeg feature using the command line option
"-nostdin" (which I consider a good idea for batch processing), but you
should rather fix the script.

Moritz