[FFmpeg-user] Trying to add metadata media_type to mp4

Karen Norton nortok00 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 17:53:27 EEST 2017

Thanks for the speedy reply!! Is it just me or is getting info on writing
metadata tags proving to be a challenge? I'm having a hard time finding
comprehensive metadata documentation by media and container type (ex: I
know mkv allows for custom tags but mp4 doesn't). I checked out that
webpage you sent Andrey but wasn't able to find all of the flags and their
parameters. I will look at it again. If there is a page listing everything
that would be great.

You are correct Kieran... media_type is an integer. Thanks. I should have
thought to try that first although I wouldn't have thought to go to "10".
Most likely just 0 and 1. Thanks for sending those github pages!! That gave
me what I needed for this flag.

I came across this page (ttps://thediveo-e.blogspot.
ca/2016/06/adventures-in-ffmpeg-meta-data-writing.html) with a limited set
of flags which is what I've been going by but it doesn't have media_type. I
discovered this flag via a gui program I have that converts mkv to mp4 and
it has built in tagging. You can select "Movie", "Music", "TV Show" and a
few others. I assumed this was a string field but obviously they have the
selections mapped to integers as in "1" = Movie, etc.

Given metadata is the cornerstone by which we live our lives I'm surprised
I'm having such a hard time finding information. I just assumed there would
be a metadata bible out there for media. :-) I'm keeping my own document of
all the sites I find info on in hopes of piecing everything together. :-)

Cheers.

Karen