[FFmpeg-user] PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 22 19:59:43 EEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 21:04:49 +0430, Walid Salman wrote:

You asked this before, right?
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2017-July/036567.html

> I have ffmpeg installed on my server (Linux with cpanel) :

Which has nothing to do with your issue:

> I am receiving daily huge number of error_log in some hosts on my server :
>
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so' -
> /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

ffmpeg doesn't provide and has never provided ffmpeg.so, to my
knowledge. That file probably came from the ffmpeg-php project, which
isn't supported here. (And probably is so out of date, that it doesn't
work with current ffmpeg code anymore.)

> I have copied the ffmpeg.so from /bin/ffmpeg.so to the /usr/local/lib/php/
> extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ ..

You probably copied /bin/ffmpeg, there should never have been a ".so"
file in /bin/. That won't work. The file that your web server is
looking for is a PHP extension, nothing "our" ffmpeg provides.

Do you actually need it? Can't you just disable this extension in your
web server/PHP configuration/wherever?

And, as Harald pointed out at that time, you are probably running a
very old PHP installation. If it is not a supported version, and you
are running it on the public internet, it is probably a gaping security
hole!
http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Moritz