[FFmpeg-user] Error:Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter..

James Girotti james.girotti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 01:32:00 EEST 2017

On Jul 29, 2017 1:04 PM, "tasos" <tasoss at trigonongroup.com> wrote:

Hello again Sir!
I was avoiding to disturb you but i can't find a solution on my problem
again!

Please email the list and not me directly. I would like for the whole
community to be involved.

First of all,my sources are interlaced so i want to deinterlace them.
Every time i use
time ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid -c:v h264_cuvid  -deint 1 or -deint 2
the resulted video stalls/freezes then continues and this goes on and on.

I have not done deinterlacing with cuda h264 decoder. I have not had good
results from the adaptive deinterlacing and mixed results with bob if the
source isn't >75% interlaced.

That part of your command looks fine, but I usually use words for the
-deint argument instead of numbers, shouldn't be a problem though.

So i have 2 questions.
1)How can i perform proper deinterlacing , i suppose using cuda/hardware.
2) Every time i run the following

 time ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid -c:v h264_cuvid  \
    -i http://85.196.57.134:8001/1:0:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0: \
   -strict experimental  \
   -vf  "hwupload_cuda,scale_npp=w=1280:h=-1:format=yuv420p:
interp_algo=lanczos,hwdownload,format=yuv420p" \
   -c:v h264_nvenc \
   -zerolatency true \
   -preset ll \
   -r 25 -g 50 -qmin 1 -qmax 50 \
   -b:v 1M -maxrate 1M -bufsize 2M \
   -codec:a aac -b:a 64k   \
   -f flv rtmp://foobar

i get again the same old error!

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'graph 0
input from stream 0:0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'

Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

Your filter order is mixed-up. Scale-npp filter uses cuda context. So you
don't have to hwdownload or hwupload_cuda for just scale-npp.

Sorry, I'm away from my computer, does scale-npp have an option for format?
Also, unless you are changing format, I don't think you have to include
that as your source is yuv420p. Anyway, you have the same problem as
before. The last format statement in your filter parameters would be a
software filter, see my last email if you really want to change pixel
format.

Of course if i remove hwupload_cuda then everything works fine.
I have used scale_npp because i wanted to scale on hardware and now i can't
use it(or at least hwupload_cuda is not accepted).
What am i doing wrong?

Thank you very much and if you want me to post this email on the mailing
list please let me know(so people will know that you have answered my
question again).

ps:I was reading http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/
ffmpeg/1511-patch/FFMPEG-with-NVIDIA-Acceleration-on-Ubuntu_UG_v01.pdf
and there is a patch for ffmpeg http://developer.download.
nvidia.com/compute/redist/ffmpeg/1511-patch/ffmpeg_
NVIDIA_gpu_acceleration.patch
in order to enable the  --enable-nvresize option. Of course this patch is
for a specific git commit(2015).I was wondering about nvresize and if you
know something more.

>From what I've read nvresize is the same as scale-npp or it was depricated.
It certainly is in newest ffmpeg version.

That said:

I'm way ahead of myself. I should have asked in the beginning which version
of ffmpeg you're using. My answers will depend on your version. Also, send
the output of:

ffmpeg -h decoder=h264_cuvid

And

ffmpeg -h filter=scale_npp

-J

On 7/25/2017 1:24 AM, James Girotti wrote:

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 2:57 PM, tasos <tasoss at trigonongroup.com> wrote:

> Hello and thanks for replying.
> Your information is very useful and i thank you!

You're welcome!

My colleague uses an older version of ffmpeg and the specific combination
> (including pix_fmt)
>
>> ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid    -c:v h264_cuvid
>>
> works without any errors.That was my question.I thought i was doing
> something wrong or whatever.So i suppose that something has changed
> from his version until mine(git latest).
> So i have removed -pix_fmt yuv420p and everything works fine.
> I also would like to search about the hwdownload option you have entered.

This is important if you want to use any software video filters.

> I don't want to change the pixel format(i don't know why you have thought
> about it).

Just in case you were trying to change pixel format, I couldn't tell from
your initial email.

> Is this the correct way to go?
>
>> ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid -c:v h264_cuvid -deint 1 -vsync 1 -timeout
>> 999999 -i foo \
>> -map 0:v -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow -profile:v high -b:v 1300k  -map
>> 0:a:0 -c:a libfdk_aac -ac 2 -b:a 64k -strict experimental  \
>> -f flv bar

It looks fine as far as full hardware transcoding. I did get an error that
there is no such option '-timeout', so you might also encounter that. And
of course you can tweak the other parameters to your use-case, i.e. bitrate

> Thanks again for your reply it was very useful and answered my question :)

Good luck! I'll try to help if you have any more problems.

-J