[FFmpeg-user] libavcodec compilation (h264 disabled & hw-accels enabled)

RĂ©mi Latapy remi.latapy.kolor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:23:40 EEST 2017

> If you don't want *any* decoders, why do you need hardware decoding?

I mean I only want decoders which use os api. Using only hw decoders in ffmpeg should fit this requirement. But dxva2_h264 or vda_h264 are not standalone decoders and need the "full" h264 decoders, if I well understand. When if I disable h264 decoder, it disable dxva2 hw accel. If I force enable dxva2, it re-enable h264 decoder.
Yes I already disable everything else. (except what come with h264 decoder like demuxer, parsers...)
So I think what I'm looking for is not possible today.
Thanks