[FFmpeg-user] Seeking for a method to remove sections of a video

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sat Jun 17 16:30:36 EEST 2017

Hi,

I'm new to this list.

I'm seeking for a tool to remove the start and end sections of a movie
recorded from TV, plus sections on the middle (commercials), in Linux. I
have tried several GUI tools and they are either too complex or lack
some crucial feature (like handling two language audio tracks). Some
tools are obsolete and abandoned, do not work (gopchop...).

I have found that ffmpeg can do the perfect conversion and cutting.

My problem is finding out the cut points.

Thus what I seek is a GUI Wrapper for ffmpeg that allows me to move
around the movie selecting start, end, and middle remove sections, and
just generate a script for ffmpeg that I can then edit and adjust with
my own options and run.

I have tried, for instance, ffmpegyag. Well, it is incapable of
visualizing my videos, so I can't select the cut points...

The closest I have is finding the points with Xine, then manually concot
the command line to generate sections, then concatenate using method in
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

I seek a GUI to automate generating the cut points in a list or script.

Thanks :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.