[FFmpeg-user] Compare quality of 2 audio files

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 14:17:53 EEST 2017

Maik Waschfeld <Maik.Waschfeld at Maik-Waschfeld.de> writes:

>> Am 24.06.2017 um 09:22 schrieb Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com>:
> […]
>>  In this case, I import file1.mp3, I invert it, then I import file2.mp3: the
>> game does not succeed: what I hear is not the difference between them - as
>> it is when file2.mp3 = file1.mp3 -; what I hear seems rather to be the sum
>> of the two...
>

> That’s strange!
>
> As playing two files at the same time, technically is a summing-function, if
> the result is louder than the single pieces, the invert didn’t work.
> Maybe one of the files was already inverted, before you got it.
> Just invert on one of the tracks again.
>
> Essential to the process is too, that both tracks sync exactly.
> So when you manually sync the beginning, do they still sync-match at or near
> the end of the file?
> You can and should zoom in on the waveform to do the syncing and checking.
>
> If they don’t sync-match completely, they are not identical, source-wise.
>
>> I wish a tool that detect the differences
>> from files with different origines, sources and respective histories...  Is
>> that possibile?
>

> I’m not aware of an application to do this job, automatically.
> Sorry!

Yes, the two tracks are perfectly synchronized from beginning to end, the first
one is inverted and second isn't.  Playing them together is louder than each of
them as `Solo'.  Same piece, same execution, same recording...  Only, one was
fetched from Youtube and the other was extracted from audio CD...

Rodolfo