[FFmpeg-user] Mp3 segmentation fault, why?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jun 24 18:18:23 EEST 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 16:41:09 +0200, Bouke / VideoToolShed wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong here?

A segmentation fault should usually not be your fault. It could be
ffmpeg, it could be libmp3lame, or it could be some unfortunate
exchange of libraries.

Did you build this ffmpeg yourself? Do you have access to the version
with debug symbols (ffmpeg_g)? Only then can this issue be debugged.
How to use gdb (and report the issue) is described here:
https://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html
I don't know whether Mac OSX uses gdb though.

> [...] -filter_complex "[0:0][0:0] amix=inputs=2,pan=mono|c0=c0+c1" -ac 1

I wasn't aware you could use an input ([0:0]) twice, and it seems
you're doing something in a more complicated way than you should - but
that shouldn't lead to a crash. ;-)

Moritz