[FFmpeg-user] VideoStream from a Cloud VM with gdigrab window capture withut Remote Desktop

Thadeu Antonio Ferreira de Melo thadeu.afm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 18:46:45 EEST 2017

Hello.

We are trying to create an automated cloud stream for a 3D application
running on an Azure Windows VM. We use gdigrab to capture that window and
FFMPEG streams it to a FFSERVER

Our command is this

ffmpeg -f gdigrab -i title="Win1 (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5)" -pix_fmt yuv420p
-framerate 30 -draw_mouse 0 -vcodec libx264 -tune zerolatency -bf 0 -preset
ultrafast -crf 25 -g 30 -an -refs 4 -x264-params
vbv-maxrate=2000:vbv-bufsize=256:keyint=600 http://<ServerIP>/feed1.ffm

The problem is that, so far, we can only run tests while we have a Remote
Desktop instance opened. If one minimises the RD the stream stops.

Our go is to have a script that could start this command from any cloud VM
with diffent configurations for different instances of the 3D app.

Our VM are Windows Server 2016.

Thank you.