[FFmpeg-user] Stream from a dynamic collection

jshupert at theppsgroup.com jshupert at theppsgroup.com
Thu Mar 2 03:47:17 EET 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:10am
To: "FFmpeg user questions" <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Stream from a dynamic collection

> I have a video collection (place in the server filesystem) which is growing
> every minute. I want to simulate a live stream from this video collection
> and if the stream reaches the end of the videos it should start form the
> first one again.
>
> I know how to repeat a single video and how to play videos from static
> video collection but I have no idea how do it with this dynamic collection.

You will need a shell script, FFmpeg does not read directories.

Carl Eugen
====================================

brother
if you want a example of a script , this might help
loops through a dir of mov and makes mp4

#!/bin/bash

SrcDir=/path to ehere your mov are
dest=/path to where you want your mp4 to go

cd $SrcDir

for f in *.mov ; do

ffmpeg -i $SrcDir/$f < your command goods here > $dest/${f%.*}.mp4

done