[FFmpeg-user] libass : ERROR NOT in Path in ffmpeg compile

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 2 12:01:12 EET 2017

Am 01.03.2017 um 22:35 schrieb derekg:
> Hi , thank you for your prompt reply , the package libass-dev is in my
> repository but simply following the
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu guide I can't see
> which step it is that actually 'loads' that libass-dev execution module
> into the configure process , 'once the penny drops' and I understand I
> should be able to add libass-dev and other missing modules should they
> also occur . Thank you ,

the same way as you install any other package on your distribution?
and the same for all other missing dev-packages

apt-get install libass-dev

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu clearly lists
"libass-dev" as well as states the install command

Get the Dependencies

Copy and paste the whole code box for each step. First install the
dependencies:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install autoconf automake build-essential libass-dev
libfreetype6-dev \
   libsdl2-dev libtheora-dev libtool libva-dev libvdpau-dev
libvorbis-dev libxcb1-dev libxcb-shm0-dev \
   libxcb-xfixes0-dev pkg-config texinfo zlib1g-dev