[FFmpeg-user] movement on ffmpeg .R3D v4 support?

Rob Wentz rwentz at pedersen.com
Fri Mar 3 20:41:16 EET 2017

More R3D samples posted, these are very short, 5k (5120x2700) 23.976 clips

https://postings.pedersen.com/RED_WEAPON/

username: ffmpeg-user
password: r3d

The new samples are actually dated from November in that folder. They're very short chip chart shots.

Since it's been asked - shooting proxies on the camera is not the most efficent option, our specific goal here is to use ffmpeg as a post-archive thumbnail videos at 192 pixels wide.
We edit and grade online via 12 GB Fibre on Linux Resolve and dont use proxies for editorial.

In fact some MAMs and archive programs also use ffmpeg and imagMagick to generate their proxies (Archiware P5 Archive for one).
Would be useful if the feature could be used with RED footage.

Thank you all.

>> I'm curious where things are at in terms of .R3D v4 support for ffmpeg.
>
> We need more samples.
>

> I'm happy to provide! Specifically what are you looking for? we have 2
> weapons and 2 epics.

Whatever you wanted supported in ffmpeg, we need each sample that adds new
features. If you have specification even better.

You bet.

We have some test files laying around on our SAN which I'll provide first,

https://postings.pedersen.com/
username: ffmpeg-user
password: r3d

For now, I've posted several Helium footage samples from red user and several RED WEAPON samples shots we took.

first four RED HELIUM shots (C001-C004) are
6144x3160 @ 25 fps REDCODE 5:1, No HDR

last two RED HELIUM shots (C012-C013) are

6144x2592 @ 25 fps REDCODE 5:1, No HDR

RED WEAPON shots are all
6144x3160 @ 23.976 fps REDCODE 4:1, No HDR

I just asked our camera dept to put together a few more small test sample files for you with specs for each. He'll be posting them up to this same location...

Cheers, Thank you so much!,
Rob