[FFmpeg-user] H.265 Will not Play in Premiere

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Mar 23 22:58:43 EET 2017

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:48:04 -0600
Chris Colton <chris.s.colton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the following to transcode files to H.265 for final delivery
> since they can be so small and still look great. However, they play fine in
> VLC and even Vimeo, but Premiere Pro shows a blank, solid green image in
> the file instead of the actual video. Any ideas? I tried adding -vf
> format=yuv420p and it had no effect.
>
> -i "<SourceFileName>" -y
> -c:v libx265 -preset veryfast -crf 23
> -c:a aac -b:a 320k -ar 48000 -ac 2 -max_muxing_queue_size 1000
> "<OutputPath><PureSourceFileNameWOExtension>_H265.mp4"

I don't recommend H.265 as an intermediate format for editing, but
anyway please show the complete console output from your command.

Also show the info about an H.265 input that does work:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4

I CC'd you since you're not subscribed. You can check the archives to
see if there are other replies from users who did not use CC:

https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/