[FFmpeg-user] MLV-files

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri Mar 31 13:11:56 EEST 2017

On Thursday 30 Mar 2017 23:45 CEST, Kieran O. Leary wrote:

> Yesterday I discovered Magic Lantern. I read that ffmpeg supports
> the
> MLV format. Does anyone has experience with this?
>
> What have you tried already and what are you hoping to do? I haven't
> tried MLV in years, seeing as my 650D could only do pretty much SD
> RAW. I downloaded a test file from here from 2014 - MLV may have
> evolved since then :

Not much. With ffmpeg -codecs I did not see anything that seemed to
work with MLV. And because all references where a few years old I was
afraid it was a stillborn child. And because I needed to implement
some changes before I could (my system does not recognise ExFAT at the
moment) I wanted at least an indication that my work would not be in
vain. ;-)

I am going to dive into it. Thanks.

It is mostly that I want to bypass the 30 minute limit. But I
understood that you could also get much better results. So I will dive
in that also.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer