[FFmpeg-user] MLV-files

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 31 21:42:29 EEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 18:31:36 +0100, Kieran O Leary wrote:
> > From what I can tell, that which ffmpeg supports is a format and not a
> > codec - check "ffmpeg -formats". The codec may be something different
> > inside?
> > Do you have samples you can share? (I'm too lazy to google.)

> I linked to a sample in my reply. The codec seems to just be 16-bit
> RAW bayer_rggb16le
> - though I'm pretty sure Canon DSLRs capture images at 12 or  14-bit.

Ah, sorry, I though Cecil was looking for the mlv codec, while he was
actually looking for the appropriate raw codec.

Indeed, decoding some samples (7D_14may14_blfixOFF.MLV) doesn't look
right, out of the box.

At this point, as it seems to be (guessing) "yet another raw format",
tools specialized on raw formats might be a better choice right now.
Though I prefer if ffmpeg supported "everything". ;)

Moritz