[FFmpeg-user] T shirt

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 31 21:51:33 EEST 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 15:33:46 -0400, David Whitaker wrote:
> Hi, I am a big fan of ffmpeg, I like the logo so I decided to have a
> single white t shirt with the logo printed for my self. The company I
> asked to print for me wants me to have permission to use the logo
> first.

They're kidding, right? For your own private use?
(IANAL though.)

> Here is the logo I want to use
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/FFmpeg_icon.svg/2000px-FFmpeg_icon.svg.png

It has its own Wiki page:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FFmpeg_icon.svg

That claims it's "public domain", but if you "need permission", I think
you would ask the author: According to this page:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SubmitALogo
Hervé Flores seems to be the designer.

You'll use the SVG as the blueprint, not the PNG, I hope? (Well, 2000px
may be okay for large print.)

> Here is there contact info if needed

You need that, we don't.

Moritz