[FFmpeg-user] differences between -vf and -filter_complex

Gyan gyandoshi at gmail.com
Wed May 10 18:38:21 EEST 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Dave Rice <dave at dericed.com> wrote:

> For instance if I use format=yuv422p10le within -vf and within
> -filter_complex the output is different. Is there something else I should
> add to the filterchain to get consistent results.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dave Rice

Does not affect conversions to RGB formats of any bit depth. Does not
affect conversions if chroma sampling scheme is the same i.e. -f lavfi -i
testsrc2=r=1:d=5,format=yuv422p or yuv422p16le. Also does not affect if
only the luma plane is converted. So this has to do with converting the
chroma sampling frequency in swscale.