[FFmpeg-user] Ignore source stream error options

James Carter matrixebiz at gmail.com
Sun May 21 22:01:41 EEST 2017

Hello, just wondering if someone can let me know if there are some better
switches than -err_detect ignore_err to use to help ffmpeg ignore live
stream errors while hls stream transcoding on the fly. The command I use is;

ffmpeg -i "myvideo.mp4" -err_detect ignore_err -c:a aac -ar 48000 -ab 64k
-s 720x480 -vcodec libx264 -hls_time 240 myvideo.m3u8

but the -err_detect ignore_err switch doesn't seem to help that much, when
there is a steam glitch, ffmpeg still craps out and audio and video output
issues happen and I have to close it and restart it :( Thanks