[FFmpeg-user] Streaming audio on demaind

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu May 25 14:31:22 EEST 2017

Hi,

I am looking at options for on demand audio file streaming (no video).

Currently my audio files are encoded as .m4a aac_he 64k. This format works
but there is a noticeable lag while the file is downloaded before playback
starts and I see inconsistent results on mobile devices.

Is the correct approach for streaming audio files to use hls to separate
the file into chunks with an m3u8 playlist or is there a
better/alternate/more appropriate method?

ex.

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#hls
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#segment

--