[FFmpeg-user] id3 tags not really removed? (was: Output file size)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Tue May 30 00:59:32 EEST 2017

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

> Gyan <gyandoshi at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Unless specified otherwise, ffmpeg will transcode streams. You have to add
>>
>> -c copy
>>
>>  to force stream copy (if the output format supports it). So,
>>
>> $ ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -c copy -metadata artist="Caterina Pontrandolfo
>> Quartett" -metadata album="concerto di Fonte Avellana" -metadata
>> genre="popular" -metadata composer="tradizione lucana" output.mp3
>

> Great.  Many thanks.

It works fine...  But now I want to modify, to change some of those id3 tags.
Apparently, it is done with simply giving the above command once again, with
values changed at my pleasure: when afterwards I run `ffmpeg -i' on the file,
everything is fine and the values have changed as desired.  But when I read the
file using the mp3 reader which is in my car, the old tags are still there...!
They have not changed at all!  How comes, and how to solve it?

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo