[FFmpeg-user] DPX 10bit Log in FFplay and is there a test

Jim Shupert jshupert at theppsgroup.com
Thu Nov 2 20:38:36 EET 2017

Friends,

I have a couple of matters that I thought I would reach out to the
communiuty for some wisdom.

1 --------------------------------------
FFplay showing "right" color of dpx 10bit log
in the recent cellar ietf.org doc FFV1 and Film   by Joshua Yocum

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-nZj53eCuY_81qYVkVDdZRa_pkHicVzETaTAxkCcYD8

pg six reads

  Colors in ffplay -- There seems to be some inconsistency with how 10
bit log videos look in
ffplay compared to other video players (see section on this in Detailed
Comparison for more
information).

My Q is :  what do you think?

2 ------------------------------------------------------

This also fits squarely in the area of wondering...

does anyone know of - or - might it be possible to

have a test of a dpx seq and Prove that it is log or linear.

presently I just eyeball f.dpx apply a lut

what I might wish i had was something like

ffprobe < test for logness > 0001.dpf

and it returns y or n

I wish for a objective "test"

Thanks much