[FFmpeg-user] Cannot allocate memory for complex filtering with latest git

Christian Johannesen chrisjohannesen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:47:28 EET 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >:
> > On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> chrisjohannesen at gmail.com
> >>
> >> Does it work with "-threads 1"?
> >
> > Yes, adding -threads 1 after ffmpeg.exe allows the job to complete.
>
> Please also test "-filter_threads 1" and / or "-threads 1" with
> higher filter_threads value.
>
> Carl Eugen

I've tested different values and found that "-threads 12" is where the
memory allocation fails, setting -threads 11" works fine. Using "ffmpeg.exe
-filter_threads 1" also results in the same "Error while filtering: Cannot
allocate memory" error. The machine I am testing on has 20 physical cpu
cores with hyper threading enabled.

Thanks,
Chris