[FFmpeg-user] Convert live audio from Microphne and stream issues

spelunker it at afe-uk.com
Thu Nov 16 14:33:31 EET 2017

Hi All,

Very new to ffmpeg and streaming in general and have spent two days trying
to get this too work as expected.

So my useage is - i want to to capture live audio from a mcrophone and
convert the input and stream it.

this is the command i've come up with :

ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -codec:a mp3 -b:a 128k -ac 2 -ar 48000 -f rtp
rtp://192.168.255.110:1234

Oh I'm using linux mint 18.2 if that makes any difference.

My problem is that the streamed audio continualy loops every x seconds of
playback over the live audio.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where i'm going wrong or
misunderstanding the problem.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

cheers

--