[FFmpeg-user] filter_complex vs vf with one filter

Hans Carlson forbyta at gmx.com
Sat Nov 18 22:13:32 EET 2017

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017, Gyan Doshi wrote:

> You can use 'scale=-1:720:flags=bicubic' in filter_complex to achieve
> the same result.

Thanks, that worked, but now the obvious question is which one is
"better"... quality-wise?  I'm not that concerned about the size
difference, it was just an indication that something was different.

So, of the possible algorithms (and there appear to be several):

   https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-scaler.html#sws_005fflags

any suggestions for which one gives the best quality?  My application is
mainly h264 -> mpeg2.