[FFmpeg-user] Feature request: -number_range

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sun Nov 26 08:32:06 EET 2017

The option "-start_number_range" is only used when searching for the
first image of a sequence. I propose to add a new option "-number_range"
that specifies the number of trials if the next image in a sequence
isn't found.
For example, when making a timelapse from hundreds of images, it may be
necessary to exclude a few images from the sequence. But we can't simply
delete these images, because ffmpeg will stop if the next image isn't
found. Possible workarounds are duplicating one of the neighbor images,
or renaming all subsequent images. With the proposed option ffmpeg would
just skip the missing images.

Thanks,
Michael