[FFmpeg-user] SMPTE when converting to JPEGs

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 00:51:23 EEST 2017

>> You didn't answer Carl Eugen's very important question: Did you use
>> ffmpeg to convert the camera's AVI to JPEG frames? What command did you
>> use?
>
> Well, of course I used ffmpeg; otherwise I wouldn't ask it in this forum.

And in this forum you are expected to always post your command
line together with the complete, uncut console output:
Your mail is a good example why;-)

>> It's possible though to
>> instruct ffmpeg to create one output image for every input frame
>> (regardsless of its timestamp or frame rate)
>
> This is what I am looking for.

As said: -vsync

>> Please show us your full command line and the complete, uncut console
>> output.
>
> This is my Windows CMD line:
>
> C:\Programme\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg -ss 00:01:30.00 -t 00:00:04.00
> -i [CH01]14_10_43.avi -vf
> "drawtext=fontfile=/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf:fontcolor=yellow:fontsize=350:timecode='09\:57\:00\:00':r=30:x=15:y=50"
> -q:v 3 _frames\%%02d.jpg

The console output indicates that your input has variable frame-rate,
the image2 muxer (requested by the output filename you chose)
defaults to constant frame rate, leading to frame duplication.

> And this is the output:
>
> ffmpeg version N-79630-g9ac154d Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg

This is old and unsupported, even if it should make no difference
for your example.

Carl Eugen