[FFmpeg-user] ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 28 23:24:44 EEST 2017

Am 28.10.2017 um 22:20 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>> it's simply bull* that a random snapshot has always less bugs as
>> you pretend over years and that was provne in enough cases
>> alone over the last months
>
> I assume you are talking about 3.4 because I hope you agree that
> current 3.3 has a huge number of issues that are fixed in git head,
> no?

no - at least not for every usecase

> Since the release of 3.4, several issues were fixed. They will
> most likely not be backported and never be fixed in 3.4.

so what

> It is true that because of the version bump and the configure
> merge, FFmpeg is currently kind of unstable, this happens
> approximately every two years. (Last time, nobody complained
> specifically, I observed.) I still believe that users have no
> disadvantage when using current FFmpeg over 3.4 and in a
> short time, current will have a huge advantage over 3.4

well, but that don't change the fact that most user questions are
completly independent to any special snapshot or version at all and so
the reflex "first built current snapshot" is nonsense

you don#t want to answer questions until you see a ffmpeg output from
the current trunk fine - but stop talking for all list members about
"unsupported" because you are not the list and support in person