[FFmpeg-user] Problem in concatenation

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Oct 30 19:53:02 EET 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 17:19:56 +0100, Gabriele Greco wrote:

Interesting, my ffmpeg build from master (but not quite HEAD, but
rather a snapshot from Oct. 24th) can concatenate those files just
fine. My other ffmpeg (3.3.4, different machine) can't.

The problem exposes itself at the cut point. Neither ffplay nor mplayer
display the badly concatenated file correctly from second 10.

> > Maybe it has to do with the use of the --enable-gpl option.

Most of ffmpeg's configure options deal with the available features,
not how they operate. In this case, only the concat demuxer and the mp4
muxer are involved, neither of those should be changed by the presence
of configure flags (these muxers are either there or not).

Gabriele, can you try these versions on your Ubuntu machine?:
https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Both those git master HEAD and the 3.4 versions work for me as well (64
bit builds).

I wouldn't rule out that 3.3.1 and 3.3.4 may have been faulty in this
regard (I don't have the time to git bisect), but then I really can't
explain why your build from git doesn't. :-/

Moritz