[FFmpeg-user] Shift videoframe for 1 pixel in vertical to change field order

Rens Dijkshoorn rens at offlinemedia.nl
Tue Sep 5 01:23:44 EEST 2017

> Subject: [FFmpeg-user] Shift videoframe for 1 pixel in vertical to change	field order

> Hello,
>
> how can I shift a videoframe 1 pixel up or down (to change the field order)?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Christoph

>From the manual

10.53 fieldorder

Transform the field order of the input video.

It accepts the following parameters:

    order

    The output field order.
    Valid values are tff for top field first or bff for bottom field first.

The default value is ‘tff’.

The transformation is done by shifting the picture content up or down by one line,
and filling the remaining line with appropriate picture content.
This method is consistent with most broadcast field order converters.

If the input video is not flagged as being interlaced, or it is already
flagged as being of the required output field order, then this filter does not alter the incoming video.

It is very useful when converting to or from PAL DV material, which is bottom field first.

For example:

ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf "fieldorder=bff" out.dv

Rens