[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe reliability

Vaidas Kascėnas vaidas at kascenas.lt
Tue Sep 5 20:52:08 EEST 2017

Hi, all,

I've been using ffprobe to find new IPTV streams on my provider
(multicast) network but I'm having trouble because ffprobe seems to be
flaky.

I'm doing a bunch of 'ffprobe -show_programs -show_streams <url>' and
every time I seem to get different lists of detected streams - ones
that get picked up in one scan fail in the next one.

I do understand that the streams are not ideal flows of packets
happening in a vacuum but I'd still like to improve the functioning of
my script and minimize the false-negatives.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could improve that?

Best regards,
Vaidas