[FFmpeg-user] Dolby E decoder

Frédéric Busnel-Joncour fred.bj at free.fr
Mon Sep 11 10:23:36 EEST 2017

> Looks like you need to resample audio to sample rate ac3 supports.

I've just tried to convert two different Dolby E source from wav to u8, then ffprobe recognize them as a Dolby E stream, but it says that they're 44800Hz, I guess it should be 48000Hz. Perhaps there's a bug here ?

But I unfortunately can't use ffplay to play it, there a compilation bug on my fedora 24 box with this last ffmpeg release (very annoying by the way, I must investigate it).

Also, is it possible to display some more information from the u8 packed Dolby E stream using ffprobe ? When copying from wav to u8, many metadata are displayed, but almost none using ffprobe, perhaps there's an additional argument to add ?

Best regards,

Fred