[FFmpeg-user] User Question: resize and pix_fmt

Warprays Alceatraz millerx at live.com
Sat Sep 23 08:17:17 EEST 2017

Hello :

i have a question about -s and -pix_fmt

the raw video is 8K yuv420 , and i want get 4K 444

so i use this :

-s 3840x2160 -pix_fmt yuv444p

as we know  420 have half resolution , 8k have 4k UV channel

what ffmpeg will do when resize ?

keep raw 4k UV channel with downscaled Y channel

or

down UV to 2K them save them in upscale 4K ?

I don't know how to code  , so i cant figure this question through source code even its the best way

Thanks for help .

by the way , can yuv4mpegpipe use yuv444p mode ? i failed when try

-s 3840x2160 -pix_fmt yuv444p -f yuv4mpegpipe - | xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx

Regards

Sorry I'm not native english useer . sorry  for  grammar error

And this is my first time use mail list , sorry for disturb , i used post on forums .

And is that the correct way to use a mail list ?