[FFmpeg-user] Timestamp and missing frame when converting 4K h.264 to h.265

Gralfus jason.woodrow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:54:24 EEST 2018

Background of issue:
I have a new Panasonic 4K video camera that produces its 4K content in h.264
MP4 format (3840×2160). When I use ffmpeg to convert this to the h.265 codec
to shrink the file size, I see a couple of errors about a missing key frame
and timestamp, but then the file is generated but with serious visual
artifacts.

Video from the same camera that is shot natively in just HD (1920x1080 h.264
MP4) quality has no issue when converting via ffmpeg to h.265.

Here is the code I used:
ffmpeg -i S1000001.MP4 -c:v libx265 -c:a libfdk_aac -crf 28 265-4k.mp4

Here are the errors that I see when I issue the command:
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x559875557a40] st: 0 edit list: 1 Missing key
frame while searching for timestamp: 3003
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x559875557a40] st: 0 edit list 1 Cannot find an
index entry before timestamp: 3003.

I've listed the details of the ffmpeg build on my blog:
https://wjwoodrow.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/new-camcorder-panasonic-hc-wxf1-but-issue-converting-to-h-265/

I can list them here if that will help. Ffmpeg works fine for converting
other HD video, but not the new 4K frame size.

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/