[FFmpeg-user] Unknown option "--disable-ffserver"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Apr 22 13:02:34 EEST 2018

Am 22.04.2018 um 07:57 schrieb Carl Zwanzig:
> On 4/21/2018 5:46 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>> PEBKAC
>
> That is probably the most unhelpful answer on this list in a long time.
> Instead of wasting time sending it, you could have actually explained
> _why_ you think there's a user error.
>
> Reindl- how about the git logs/diffs showing the add/remove cycle? That
> should put to rest the question of how often it changed
do you pay me for that? i know i had to change it more than one time -
yeah maybe because try if a current snaphsot is fixing a problem as it
is always suggested here and ater switch back the spec file - well,
yeah, thank you for stupid changes nobody on this planet needs

having --disable-ffserver as a *hard* error at ./configure is *bullshit*
anyways - what is the next? throw a hard error because of every unknown
configure option? "--disable-dependency-tracking" is a warning at start
of many builds as example but nobody is so crazy and throws a hard error
and if he dos downstream just writes patches

%configure \
  CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:-%optflags}"; export CFLAGS; \
  CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS:-%optflags}"; export CXXFLAGS; \
  CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS:-%optflags}"; export CPPFLAGS; \
  FFLAGS="${FFLAGS:-%optflags -I%_fmoddir}"; export FFLAGS; \
  FCFLAGS="${FCFLAGS:-%optflags -I%_fmoddir}"; export FCFLAGS; \
  LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS:-%__global_ldflags}"; export LDFLAGS; \
  ./configure \\\
   --host=x86_64-redhat-linux \\\
   --build=x86_64-redhat-linux \\\
   --target=x86_64-redhat-linux \\\
   --program-prefix=%{?_program_prefix} \\\
   --disable-dependency-tracking \\\
   --prefix=%{_prefix} \\\
   --exec-prefix=%{_exec_prefix} \\\
   --bindir=%{_bindir} \\\
   --sbindir=%{_sbindir} \\\
   --sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir} \\\
   --datadir=%{_datadir} \\\
   --includedir=%{_includedir} \\\
   --libdir=%{_libdir} \\\
   --libexecdir=%{_libexecdir} \\\
   --localstatedir=%{_localstatedir} \\\
   --sharedstatedir=%{_sharedstatedir} \\\
   --mandir=%{_mandir} \\\
   --infodir=%{_infodir}

it's only the ignorance of the developers which think the whole world
turns around "don't use any script but only ./configure" and "don't use
any script but only ffmpeg directly"

fuck it no!

it's even legit use the same script for versions of the last decades and
just change the variable pointing to the tarball - have fun with such
useless changes