[FFmpeg-user] Anyone having success capturing hours of 4k video, reliably and with low loss, using ffmpeg?

Gabriel Balaich roderrooder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:15:21 EEST 2018

> You are missing the question.
>
> I am not asking for help to diagnose that simple experiment. I am asking
> if others have had experience with the top-level goal: capturing hours
> of 4k video, reliably and with low loss, using ffmpeg.
>
> I can use whatever capture card, operating system, CPU, and graphics
> card are necessary to build a system that works, and costs less than
> what Vendor A would charge us for their closed system.

I capture 4K60 and 1080P60 simultaneously using one instance of FFmpeg
with no artifacting (ever) or perceivable loss in quality for 7-8 hours at
a time
consistently.

No crazy hardware - a few capture cards (HD60 Pro + Magewell Pro Capture
HDMI 4K Plus), 6800K, 16GB of RAM, GTX 1050 (handles encoding), and
an Intel 600P NVME SSD for storage.