[FFmpeg-user] Audio ducking of input music based on vocals in another audio file

Will Lewis will+ffmpeg at fiit.tv
Tue Aug 14 17:15:59 EEST 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to take an music audio file and automate the ducking
on its volume level based on vocals in a separate audio file. The output
should just be the music audio with volume reduced in response to that
input. I believe this is similar to side channel audio compression.

Is this something that is achievable with ffmpeg? or could be with a custom
audio filter?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Will Lewis