[FFmpeg-user] transcoding example outdated?

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:57:46 EEST 2018

I'm trying to write a small C program to convert a set of png files
into a video, but I'm having a hard time finding the right apis.

I had a look at doc/examples/transcoding.c (ignoring the audio stuff)
but when I compile this example I get deprecation warnings for
avcodec_encode_video2 and avcodec_decode_video2.

Which API should I be using to encode a few images into a video? Is
there a better example to get me started which uses the currently
recommended apis?