[FFmpeg-user] RES: Best Nvidia professional cards for li e transcoding

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:58:09 EEST 2018

And a small warning: Be a bit cautious with the P6000.

I remember a case I worked on in the recent past where adding 40+
simultaneous encoder sessions (with ffmpeg's NVENC) resulted in the
resultant output "freezing" and dropping.

It may have been a driver-related bug, a limitation in the FFmpeg's NVENC
encoder implementation (or worse, an undocumented limitation in the NVENC
limitation on this SKU as I've had no issues on the Tesla P60s based on the
same architecture) , so this may be something you'll want to take into
consideration.