[FFmpeg-user] RES: A question on the Quadro P6000 and maximum simultaneous NVENC encodes in FFmpeg

Yang Zhang yzfedora at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:57:11 EEST 2018

The problem is even you using the Tesla P100, and you can see it has 3
NVENC chips inside it. but it has only 1 NVDEC chip, this is very very
important. the bottleneck is at decoding side. this is why you got freezing
or stutter problem. basically, perhaps you can use Tesla P100 encoding 75
hd1080p channels, but you can not decoding more than 25 hd1080p channels on
it.