[FFmpeg-user] How can I expose an rtsp stream using ffmpeg

Agniva De Sarker agniva.quicksilver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 11:38:45 EET 2018

I have a stream of images coming from an another application which I am
streaming to ffmpeg from a pipe. Now I want to expose this stream as an
rtsp stream encoded with .h264.

I can do the stream using something like this -
https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/12961/ffmpeg-input-from-images-stream-out-video

I see that using ffserver, I can create the rtsp stream. (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26999595/what-steps-are-needed-to-stream-rtsp-from-ffmpeg).
But ffserver seems to be discontinued. So what is the best option in this
scenario ?

In short, I have a stream of images, which I want to compress using h.264
and send off as an rtsp stream. Is it possible natively using ffmpeg ?

Thanks.