[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 4.0.2 and above missing 'ffio_open_dyn_packet_buf' from avformat.lib & avformat.dll

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:44:31 EET 2018

> My intention was that how may I use 'ffio_open_dyn_packet_buf'  function
> from avformat.lib & avformat.dll. Which is internal function according to
> you.

No, it is not an internal function "according to me" but according to
the documentation (and your tests).

> It will be very helpful if you provide some examples or samples.

Examples for internal functions?

> As you mention previously use 'av_'  as prefix. But no such functions
> available.

Yes, but you can rename the existing function in the FFmpeg
source code into a function with "av_" prefix, to have it
exported.

> If any way I may include this function while building ffmpeg from source.
> It will more helpful.

Either rename the function you need or patch libavformat/libavformat.v

> Please guide me with with some sample.

> I am very naive in c & c++.

Then I am not sure if developing with internal functions of
FFmpeg is a possibility for you.

Carl Eugen