[FFmpeg-user] Comparing audio to sync video

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Tue Dec 18 13:36:47 EET 2018

Hi all,

I have two video cameras recording an event 30 minutes long. I hit start
on the two cameras at different times. I would like to figure out a
command-line script that can basically diff the audio to figure out the
difference between the start times and align the videos. The audio won't
be exactly identical as they are two different cameras, different mics,
different locations, but they are both recording an interview, so the
audio should be able to be synced. Any ideas?

Josh