[FFmpeg-user] Audio converting and muxing error/warning messages

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:50:28 EET 2018

>  When I do the following to get the correct duration:
> ffmpeg -i audio1.ac3 -f null -
> The duration is:  02:24:29.53
> So I have three different durations:

> 1. ffprobe tells me about the untouched ac3-file: 02:24:29.54
> [Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate]

(As said, the warning is ok although you get the correct duration
because ac-3 is usually constant bit-rate, but it does not have
to be.)

> 2. After encoding to alac: 02:24:29.61

This could be considered a bug but it would be a minor one.

> 3. And after decoding:  02:24:29.53

If that stays constant with another round of encoding, I
would consider it correct.

Please avoid top-posting here, Carl Eugen