[FFmpeg-user] Two-Pass encoding on Android

Majid Shirazi majidshirazi90 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 09:22:35 EET 2018

According to the documentation for using Two-Pass method we have to run
ffmpeg twice like this:

ffmpeg -y -i input -c:v libx264 -b:v 2600k -pass 1 -an -f mp4 /dev/null && \
ffmpeg -i input -c:v libx264 -b:v 2600k -pass 2 -c:a aac -b:a 128k output.mp4

But When I use these codes I get this error:

Unable to find a suitable output format for '&&'

And Android doesn't recognize "&& \" as an argument for ffmpeg or ffmpeg
doesn't recognize such a thing on Android!

So, could you tell me please how I should use 2-Pass encoding on Android
app?