[FFmpeg-user] iOS/watchOS/tvOS/macOS Frameworks

Ronak Patel ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 15:34:12 EET 2018

> On Dec 20, 2018, at 1:03 AM, Taner Sener <tanersener at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 19:08, Ronak <ronak2121-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Therefore, I'm trying to find out the best way to convert the Ffmpeg
> .dylibs to .frameworks.
>>
>> I tried to just package the .dylibs (rename it) and make a .framework
> manually, but libavfilter (and the other libs) all depend on headers
> defined in libavutil...has anyone already figured out how to do this
> conversion?
>>

> I'm not sure if this is what you look for, but you can create a different
> .framework for each .dylib file. At the end you will have libavcodec.framework,
> libavdevice.framework, libavfilter.framework, etc. Then you can link your
> framework to them.

Yup that’s what I tried but the headers include headers from the other frameworks (like avutil). And it didn’t compile.

Frameworks aren’t really set up to support including the way that ffmpeg does it.

The other options I can think of are to switch to static linking and stuff that into a framework (combining all of the libs into one static lib and thus one .framework).

As for distribution and the license, my companies lawyers have indicated it would be okay as long as we follow the requirements but we will check with them again before shipping.