[FFmpeg-user] Howto remove ffmpeg custom build

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 26 14:35:44 EET 2018

Am 26.02.2018 um 13:30 schrieb ffmpeg at bechhold.de:
> I have downloaded and build ffmpeg version N-90022-g50945482a7  from git
> for testing purposes.
>
> Now I would like to remove this version and use the one provided by my
> distro again.
>
> How can I completely remove the custom build git version?

normally "make uninstall" should work, in doubt repeat the same build
with exact same params - if this not works you hopefully where smart
enough to use a prefix out of /usr instead let "make install" spit
around your system

why not make a static build at all for "testing purposes" which leads in
a single binary and skip "make install" completly?

in short: guys learn how to build proper packages