[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Use Questions

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 14:38:50 EET 2018

> I'm trying to use FFMPEG to manipulate videos that are the
> output of a (cheapo) film-to-video device.  [Wolverine brand.]

I would have expected that the device also provides still frames
that you can feed into FFmpeg.

> I installed what seemed like a stable, recent version of FFPMEG
> on a Windows 8 laptop.

There is nothing stable about a release and they get no support on
Windows. If you feel that the pop-up message on the download
page is unclear, please tell Zeranoe.

The most important thing is that you create one filter chain (instead
of running ffmpeg multiple times) to minimize quality losses.

Carl Eugen